Saturday, October 10, 2009

Boy Oh Boy!

This week was crazy. Let me rephrase that. Friday was insane! We finished "journeying through the alphabet," so Friday we had alphabet celebration where each of the kids wore a crazy cap, a solid color, and brought a stuffed animal to represent a letter of the alphabet. My crazy cap had feathers and flowers hot glued to it. It was so hot! Those feathers don't allow much ventilation, so I was sweating most of the day because I couldn't take off my hat because after 20 minutes I already had hat hair. Yuck. The kids were so excited about the alphabet celebration that every activity we did took twice as long as we anticipated, so we did not get much accomplished on Friday. In addition to our celebration, every Friday we have a mother/father reader who comes for 45 minutes. Controlled Choas was Friday's theme.

Earlier in the week Jordan and I were having our nightly chat and she informed me she has a boyfriend. The pseudo mom in me wanted to say, "What?!?!? No boys. You are only 6. Goodness gracious." Then I took a step back and reminded myself that I am only sister and the more I discourage her to do something the more she will want to do it. I decided the best thing to do would be to ask her about it and what it means to have a boyfriend at 6 years old. She told me that she has a boyfriend who has two girlfriends. Oh Lord. Then I told her that she needed to tell her boyfriend that he needed to choose one because you can't have two. She then told me that they held hands on the bus today. Great; the next step will be kissing behind the jungle gym. It is all cute and innocent until she turns 13 and is not referred to as a lady but as a ho. Anywho...I am talking to her about being 6 and she is just a little girl. Then she tells me, "Kailey. What do you know? You have never had a boyfriend. You don't know what it feels like." Wow. The conversation pretty much ended after that. I just have high standards because I have seen what happens when you lower your expectations. You end up with crap.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jordan Jordan Jordan!!!! What a little woman! Oh kailey Kailey Kailey! Don't pull your hair out girl. We do have to remember like you said that we are sisters. My brother just turned 16 this week. I thought I was going to have a cow. He didn't inform me of any new girls but they are looking! It is crazy, and all we want to do is protect them. But we have to keep ourselves in line as well. My brother and I have had a fall out because I felt I was telling him things i knew from just being older and either going through it or seeing some of my friends go through it. But it never works when I try to be the boss. And frankly it looks rediculous because my brother tower overs me so I look like a kid yelling at a big man. But what can we do but listen and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I remember when i was in kindergarten and was pecking boys on the bus..haha! Yeah kids are smart. I new alot when i was young. So just inform what is good and not. I wish i would of had a big sister to tell me that when I was that age. It's all normal though. Hope you are doing well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete