Thursday, February 25, 2010

Weinheim Part Zwei

Since Lenea was not able to make it to Weinheim with me on the USO tour on Tuesday, I decided to be her personal tour guide. I tried not to duplicate the pictures I already posted, so here are some new ones from today.

Another view of MarktPlatz with the castle in teh background on the hilly mountain. I am not sure whether it is a hill or a mountain, so I am just going to call it a hilly mountain for now.



Random housing. Just playing with my camera settings a bit.



Moss on the side of a wall...



...and cool vines up the wall.



This little waterway sneaks its way through the "old town" part of Weinheim, which is where the lower income housing is located. See the wall to the left? I took a picture of that yesterday with all of the crazy bricks jutting out and textured people on the side of it.



These two little creepers were just hanging out behind someones house/apartment. Kind of bizaar and cute at the same time.




These doors are at the bottom of most buildings. At one point in time they were used to slide coal down to warm up the homes.



Enjoying goodies from a cafe in the MarktPlatz (market area) of Weinheim. It was a beautiful day! I forgot that my camera was still on the crazy setting where it picks up one color, so this is what I got...a splash of red on my coffee mug :)



Apple Streussel with pure whipped cream. It was very yummy! What I love most about the Germany pastries and desserts is that they aren't as sweet as American treats.



At first I wasn't a fan of German coffe because it is much stronger than what I am used to; then I learned how to doctor it up just right to truly enjoy it. Two creams and a sugar substitute and I am a happy camper. The little cookie that is wrapped in the black plastic is to die for when it is submerged in coffee-ness. Mmmm!



As we were walking towards the strassenbahn (the train), this sign caught our eye. Paul, Lenea, and I are going to check it out tomorrow. We are going to ask Major Sterling, the female dentist who so kindly tried to set me up with one of her coworkers, if she wants to go with us. She is the neatest lady who is filled with spunk. She is fantastic!


After Lenea and I got home we ate dinner (spaghetti) and went to the free spinning class that is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at the gym. Elizabeth tagged along, but Paul opted to stay home. Smart man. It was an hour of death. You sit on a stationary bike as the instructor tells you to pedal faster, add resistance, sprint (which is standing up and pedaling at the same time), ...yadda, yadda, yadda. Tomorrow should be fun. The first spot I noticed pain was on my hiney bone. Those seats need more padding! We joked about strapping a pillow to us for our next class, but honestly we might just do it. Haha. Then slowly I noticed that my legs were burning. All of this happened in the first five minutes of our warmup. I am so out of shape. We are going to take Paul with us next time, and start taking the class regularly. It was an intense cardio workout as I felt my pulse in every part of my body. I am sure that after a couple of weeks I will thank the instructor as I begin to notice a difference on my body, but not so much right now. He would continuously yell at us to "push harder." I would just look up at him and grin. What do you think I am trying to do? Anywho-it kicked my butt!
Ich liebe dich!

No comments:

Post a Comment