Friday, April 16, 2010

...back in the swing of things

Wednesday I was on official work business. Haha. They still have not officially told me my starting day. Boo! I thought it was going to be Monday, so I called Thursday to check in with my Human Resources homie. There was a section of my physical paperwork that needed to be signed by the doctor, so I picked that up and had her initial and sign. Then Lenea and I headed to the post office that is not technically on our post, but on the one right next to us. The army makes everything so confusing. Grr! I shipped some goodies that Kristin had purchased while she was here and was unable to squeeze into her bag. I also mailed some fun goodies I had purchased for Jordan for Easter and forgot to pack for my trip back to Texas. Whomp. Whomp. She will be excited to get a package in the mail, so I guess it all works out. The shipping wasn't too bad. We found some flat rate boxes that were much cheaper than finding some random box and having them weigh it. That would have been expensive! It was much better to go the flat rate route. Note to all wishing to ship something overseas...flat rate boxes. :) Hint. Hint. Then we scooted out the MarktPlatz in Mannheim to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies. It is incredible how much better the produce is when it is straight from the farmer and not from the commisary, which is a poor excuse for a grocery store. The bread arrives without an expiration date, so you have to check the bag for mold. You also have to check the date on yogurt and milk, because if you aren't looking then you might possibly eat something that is extremely expired. Loads of fun that would be for your stomach. Lenea and I then ate lunch at the Maison's Creole which is the closest thing to Mexican we can find. No chips and salsa when you are seated. Boo! but it is pretty much what we expected. We would be hard pressed to find some good ole TexMex. Then that afternoon Elizabeth and I went shoe shopping. We wound up at The Blaze. I don't know why Germans have this obsession with ghetto New York, but they do. One of the big stores is The New Yorker. It is fantastically sleezy. We don't shop there.

Today I woke up at 1 pm. I haven't done that in a LONG time! It felt good. I rolled over at 7:30 am and said no. I am not ready for the day yet. Then all of a sudden it was 1. I pretty much wasted the day and I loved it. We goofed around the house. A coulpe of random dance parties and a movie. Then tonight we went to see Clash of the Titans. It was pretty good. Now I am off to enjoy a root beer float and a couple of shows of The Unit. Get excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment