Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Singleness

This last Sunday, December 27, my sweet friend Jamie Lynn got married to Mr. Cody Bayles. It was a beautiful wedding! I danced my little heart out, so much so that I bruised the balls of my feet. Ouch!! The wedding as a whole was PHENOMENAL! I enjoyed meeting everyone there and seeing other people that I hadn't seen in a while.

All of this to say...there is nothing like a wedding to make a single person feel so stinkin' single. Are you with me single people? I think so. Don't get me wrong, there are some definite benefits to being single. On the other hand, sometimes it just plain sucks! So this is me being vulnerable and telling the whole world that I am ready to meet someone. I don't want to be setup with someone because that never works for me. The meeting is always awkard and just feels forced. I want to feel those butterflies every time I see him and I want to be swept away. What I want is a freakin' movie script and real life is not that way. Reality just keeps slapping me in the face. Real guys don't act like prince charming, but why do I want prince charming so bad? I blame you, Disney. for making me believe in those perfect happy endings. Ahhhhh.... What is the deal with me? Sometimes I just go through these cycles of feeling really insecure about the single factor, but other times I feel totally okay with it. Why so wishy washy? I do not know.

Well I know that sounds pathetic, but I know/hope that my turn will come. One day I will meet the man I am to marry....not the man who will complete me, because I know that no man will be able to complete me. Believing that will only lead to more heartache. Men will fail, just as I will. Well I didn't mean to become philosophical. My brain was just reassuring my heart and my fingers just kept typing. That's enough for now :)

2 weeks til Germany... OH HAPPY DAY!! :)

2 comments:

  1. girl. i feel ya. we just gotta keep trusting that God will work out the details... whatever that means and looks like. but I am confident that He will. keep seeking Him.

    on a side note, i have one word for you. GERMANY.

    love you friend!!! and can't wait to see you soon!!! we have MUCH to catch up on!

    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss KK!!! Your time will come when you meet Mr. Right!! I met my husband after many boyfriends. But you have to go thru the weeds to get to the right one. My husband prayed for a girlfriend and soon after I met him. Now if that isn't God I don't know what is. Now we have been together 7 yrs on V-day and married 3 1/2 years. I love ya and God will send u someone. :)

    ReplyDelete