Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another week

Well another week has passed and it kicked my butt! The ratio in our room is one adult:10 kiddos. It is crazy! At one point last week we had 29 kids. Oh my goodness it was crazy. I am racking my brain to come up with better solutions to manage these kiddos. I am trying to do as much movement as possible, while still allowing for ample learning opportunities. It is tough. On top of that, I am not too crazy about some of the management. I know this is still new, so it will get better. It will get better, right? I don't know. All that I know is that life here is getting pretty routine. I need to start planning more things for the weekends now. This weekend and the last one I have not felt too good. Last weekend I had no voice. This weekend I am coughing up all kinds of lovelies. I just can't get a break. Friday I saw Iron Man 2...equally as good as the first. Saturday we celebrated Paul and Lenea's anniversary. 17 years. Wow!

We are studying the alphabet right now. We are on an alphabet adventure. One letter each week, and this coming week is the letter Q. You know what starts with the letter Q? Not a whole lot. Bummer. It is okay. We are going to do some Q-tip painting this week though. That should be interesting. 29 kids and paint. I am not entirely positive how it will turn out, but it should be alright. Everything is washable. This coming weekend we are going to be celebrating Elizabeth's 15 death day. She refuses to have a sweet 16 birthday, so we are calling it the death of 15. Eccentric, yes. Anywho, it should be fun. We are going to celebrate it on the patio behind our favorite Greek restaurant with a few families and some of Elizabeth's friends. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment