Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wedding!!

Saturday, July 3, 2010 Kristi and Dave got married!! It was a fantastic wedding...more specifically the reception was awesome. We danced like crazy! Of course towards the end the DJ played "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey and everyone linked arms and sang together. I think it was the DJ's fantasy. He was ecstatic. He had his little video camera out and was passing the microphone around to random people. He immediately transitioned into the last song which was "I've had the time of my life...." Kristi and Dave stepped into the circle of people as we swayed back and forth to the song. It sounds like a scene from a cheesy movie, but it was fantastic! Everyone was feeling the moment, and possibly a couple of beers at that point but it was surreal. So fun! It was awesome to see everything culminate after helping Kristi prep all week. We ran crazy errands all week long, tying together all of the loose ends. I think I could throw down a wedding if need be. I got to see all of the good stuff... the inside scoop you could say. For instance, the priest brought the spanish version of the mass. He had to translate on the spot as he was reading the sermon. Awesome. Next weekend my mom and I will fly to California for my aunt Lindsay's wedding. I am so excited!! My mom will be standing up as the matron of honor, which is fantastic! Goodness all around.

Now my mission is to find a job before school starts, (cross your fingers for that) and tutor Miss Jordan before school starts. She is doing so good! School was really tough for her last year with everything that was going on, so she fell behind a bit. She has been seeing a tutor and she has done a fantastic job! Jordan is reading on level and she is not getting as frustrated with math. It is a good thing!

2 comments:

  1. Hoping you get a great job, and soon! I just found your blog and now I'm following!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing you are a wonderful sister and are there to help out your lil sis. Miss u KK!

    ReplyDelete