Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Confiscated ID card

So we went to go eat Greek, and we just happened to go on the only day they are closed. Go figure. We hopped back onto the train and went to Vapianos. I had a large salad with lots of yummy veggies. The Germans know how to do a salad. They pick up tons of random veggies, throw them into the bowl, and mix it all up. Soooo goood!! I am going to miss those.

Anywho...

Monday we did the weinstrasse and it was gorgeous! The road creeps through rolling hills filled with rows of grapes. Then, nestled in the vineyard is a beautiful golf course. I should have taken a picture of that just for my dad. He would have loved it.

Then tuesday all of the girls loaded up in the car and went shopping in the Heidelberg walking district. I didn't buy much, but it was fun to walk around. We met Ms. Cathy Sterling for dinner (the dentist at the clinic on post) at a Turkish restaurant. It was delicious. She ordered lots of appetizers... olives, eggplant salad, cucumber spread, and grape leaves filled with lamb. So yummy! Most of the main dishes were kebaps, with a scoop of rice, and grilled veggies. I ordered the Antep Kebap which came with lamb and mixed veggies from the grill covered in a tomato and yogurt paste similar to the consitancy of feta. Mouth watering. :) I came home and packed up everything. I have decided to leave behind some of the black and white pictures Paul and Lenea bought to decorate my room. They are going to keep it decorated for a guest room. I filled my two suitcases and two boxes with goodies.

Today we did laundry, which I will have to somehow find space for in my overloaded suitcases. I am sure I will be paying for weight charges for my bag. There is no way that one or both of my bags are under 50 pounds. Oh the joys of flying. We shipped both of my boxes for $65. Ridiculous. Tomorrow I leave. I will miss Germany, but I feel like Texas is where I need to be right now.

I am going to keep up with my blog. Life is just one adventure after the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment