Friday, September 11, 2009

End of Week 1

So it is the end of my first week of teaching and I am pooped! My back hurts (kindergarteners are short), my feet hurt, and I am just plain tired. The good news is that despite that list of complaints I am still in a good mood. I had a few awesome components of my day:

1. I don't care how old you are, it always feels good to get an "I'm proud of you!" That little kid inside of you just wants to jump up and down and scream and shout. It just feels good. When I was leaving, Alison (my mom's best friend and my teaching partner) told me that she was proud of me. It made my heart very happy :)

2. Several of my kinder kiddos gave me a big hug and said, "I love you!" My heart melted. It just reaffirmed why I do what I do.

3. I had one of the teachers on my kinder team tell me that she wished I could be at Copeland all year long. Oh yes. I may be a newbie, but I am on top of my stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment