Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend and Monday

Let me start with this weekend, because that is the fun part :)

Kristin and Rachel came into town. Yippeee!! I wish I had friends come into town every weekend, but every once in a while works too. We all met up Saturday for Kristin's dad's (Mike) 50 bday shindig. It was a complete suprise to Mike, so that made it even more fun. Kristin's family doesn't do anything lowkey...everything is extreme which is awesome. They hired a DJ who did karaoke for four hours. It was amazing! We (Kristin, Rachel, myself and a handful of random people) entitled ourselves the hot mamas and kicked off the night. The name sounded way cooler Saturday night than it did just now as I was typing. Anywho, we sang and danced the night away and it was fantastic! This weekend I actually felt like my 22 year old self and not the grandma I try to be most nights. I actually stayed up until 3:30, then my body shutdown and I fell into a deep slumber. It was nice until someone's cell phone went off forty bagillion times. Yes. Forty bagillion. It is real. Look it up. Sunday my dad and I met up and he showed me how to change my oil. A delightful skill for any person, but I do not wish to do that again.

Today was a Monday like most Mondays. I woke up wishing the weekend could start all over. My body begged for more sleep so I slept until the last possible minute, and somehow I was still early to work. Only by 5 minutes, but every little bit counts. Especially for me. I tried to leave school early, as in before 5 p.m.. It didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment