Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend...woo!

This was my first weekend after my first week of work and I was pooped! Friday I could barely keep my eyes open past 9:30. Lame. Saturday I picked up my bridesmaid dress for my friend Ashley's wedding December 5, and then went out to Kingwood to visit some family. Then I got home and my mom had a friend from high school over for dinner. It was great, but I am in that in between stage. I am not an adult who wants to talk endlessly about my kids, but I am too old to sit with the kiddos and talk about ICarly. Needless to say I escaped shortly after dinner and I was going to head to a coming home party, but I was so stinkin' tired I didn't make it. I can't wait for my body to adjust to this new schedule of a 10 hour work day. Yup. 10 hours. I arrive around 7 and leave around 5. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do. It just makes me exhausted at the end of the day. Anyways....

Today I had lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a LONG time! It was fantastic. We caught each other up on our lives; what we had done since we saw each other last and then what are currently doing. Then we started talking about how everyone and their mom is married, engaged to be married, or has a baby. I am one of maybe 5 friends who is single. Oh the joys of singleness. I mean it is great to be able to do whatever I want, but a man would be nice too. Tall, dark, and handsome... Where are you?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment